I don’t know who wrote this as there was no credit given when I first read and saved it back in 2004. But it’s a fun list of “One Second Lessons for Both Life and Business:
- Don’t name a pig you plan to eat.
- Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
- Life is simpler when you plow around the stumps
- Trouble with a milk cow is she won’t stay milked.
- Words that soak into your ears arewhispered, not yelled.
- Meanness don’t happen overnight
- Never lay an angry hand on a kid or an animal; it just ain’t helpful.
- Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads.
- Don’t sell your mule to buy a plow.
- Don’t corner anything meaner than you.
- It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
- You can’t unsay a cruel thing.
- Every path as some puddles.
- The best sermons are lived, not preached.
- Happiness comes through doors you didn’t even know you left open.
- Most of the stuff people worry about never happens.
I’m sure that you could add many, many more “One Second Wisdoms” to the list. Feel free to add yours in the comments.