Search engines are always changing the rules. But there are basic rules that rarely ever change. The five tips that have always been important and I predict will continue to be for years to come are:
- Search engines are savvy, so concentrate on text. Search engines only read text.
- Think about how a customer would search for your products. Do keyword research using Google’s Keyword Tool, and use those words in your content to attract buyers.
- Don’t just list your products but describe them well.
- Use alt tags and/or captions to identify every photo on your website. Google searches on those too.
- Proactively create useful, relevant content people want to share and link back to. You can create articles that are part of your site or, better yet, add a blog.
And, of course, links from quality sites that relate to your business continue to be important. That is one reason why a listing on GiftBasketNetwork.com should be a major part of your SEO.